Monday, January 17, 2011

Since we spoke last....

We are so amazed with how well she is doing. They took out her breathing (ET) tube on  on Tuesday, so she has been breathing like this for six days. She is so much more comfortable. They took her off the warmer and now she is mantaining her own body heat and gets to wear clothes. The boys can't go in the NICU, so they haven't ever seen Brooke. So now that she is more stable we decided it was time to dabute baby sister to the boys!  We put the boys up in the window and the nurse held brooke up for them to see. The boys were so cute, waving and blowing kisses. Dallin just kept saying,"Hi Brooke!"


We get to hold Brooke just about everytime that we go in. She loves being held and just falls right asleep.  She can finally suck on her binky and loves when you hold it in her mouth. She is still eating through a tube, so it will be a while till she can come home. Please continue to keep Brooke in your prayers, that she will keep breathing on her own and grow strong. Thank you for all prayers and support given thus far. We know that it is our combined faith and prayers to our loving God that has allowed this miracle to take place before our very eyes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful! So happy to hear that. :)

Shelly Cunningham said...

I LOVE all the pictures. The one of your face, watching the boys see their sister is just priceless; the excitement on their faces as they see the long awaited baby Brooke is adorable; and the one of you and Justin with your little miracle warmed my heart. I am so happy to hear she is continuing to breathe on her own. I am so happy, too, that you get to hold her almost every time you go. That has to just feel like a sigh of relief.
I just love you so much, and think of you everyday. You are an amazing mommy and I'm so proud of how you are handling all this. You rock!!!

Allison said...

I LOVE that last picture of you guys with your sweet baby Brooke. I'm so happy she is doing better. :)
Love you guys!

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you can update on this Blog! You and Justin and such wonderful parents. Brook is lucky to have you both! She is in our prayers. We love you!! Molly