Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Justin's new girl in his life


Brooke is two weeks old today. Justin was able to hold her for the first time. I don't think I have ever seen him look so happy and in love. It meant so much to me to see them bond like that. He also was able to change her diaper for the first time.  He was concentrating so hard, first girl diaper he has ever changed.

 Brooke is doing about the same as she has been. They are going to extubate her tonight and hope that she can breath on her own. Her muscles are very weak and that is part of the reason she is not able to breath on her own besides the Laryngomalacia (floppy throat) she has. They will keep a very close eye on her, and if she can't do it she will be intubated again. So please keep her in your prayers. If she continues to not be able to breathe on her own for the next two weeks she will have to get a tracheotomy, which we really hope to avoid.
 We found out that Her chromosome abnormality is  called Gorlin Syndrome. It can range from mild to wild. The mild side being that she will be more prone to cancer, skin or brain. The wild side being blindness, deafness or mental retardation. We are not sure what Brooke's future will be like, but we have never felt so blessed. She has the most amazing spirit and I feel so lucky to be her mother. Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts. We have felt so loved by all the service we have received.  Thank you all. 

6 comments:

Shelly Cunningham said...

I love the pictures and said a prayer about her breathing on her own. I am so glad you are feeling loved and supported during this time.

Becky said...

What a precious sight! Thank you for sharing Justin's moment with all of us! Thank you for your example. I could not be prouder of you both for your faith and courage! We will get through this and be better for it! I wish every one could have the chance to stand at here bedside and feel of her precious Spirit! I feel so blessed!

KAT said...

Brittany, she is beautiful! Congratulations! You and your family have been and are in our prayers.

Travis and Heather said...

We love hearing any tid bit, thank you for the updates. I am so thankful you feel love and support, we all do love you and want to offer any support possible!

Anonymous said...

Look at that full head of hair! She is adorable.
You guys are in our prayers. If you ever need anything - watching Dallin & Lincoln or whatever, please call.

The Bluths said...

I'm so glad you are keeping this updated, I want to know all about her! We'll keep you and her in our prayers.