These last couple of weeks have been crazy. I feel like my head feel off, is rolling down a hill and I am tumbling after. Lincoln started Kindergarten. Ouch, I just pinched myself and it is real. He has been counting down the days till he got to go to "big kid" school and ride the bus. He loves school and is really adjusting well. He is such a sweet boy, the fist day of school a boy was crying on the bus, so he sat by him and told him it would all be all right. I do hope that his tender heart remains that way, amidst the hard world. I love him so much, my big Kindergartner!
When he got home from school, he was so excited to show Dallin the bus and gave him a huge hug.
Dallin was sad that he couldn't go to school with Lincoln on the bus, but he started preschool a week later and is loving it. This is his first day with his teacher. He loves it some days and other times would rather just hang out at home. The boys love to bring home their projects and give them to each other.
Brooke has recovered very well from her first surgery. However the fluid in her head would not go down. So she had to have a shunt placed in her head. It was a scary surgery, the doctor said there was some unexpected bleeding and she had to have a blood transfusion. (her third in her very short time here on earth) She recovered very quickly and was smiling the day after surgery. She is such a true joy in our lives, she is strong and brave. I think she helps me through all of this with her sweet spirit and smiles. She is still unable to do very many physical things, but it has been nice to have her be like a little baby for so long. This surgery was one of two, so in a couple weeks we will do it all over again. I'm so grateful for the support that we have near and far. And for this angel.
Her hospital gown had pink animals on it.
She really does smile alot, but I think she is afraid of the camera!
Also a special thank you to MawMaw and Paps for taking care of our boys so we could take care of Brooke. You eased our stress and the boys had an amazing time. Thank you!




4 comments:
So glad that she is home and doing so well. I am so excited to meet such an amazing girl come Thanksgiving!
Love how sweet your boys are with each other. I can't believe you have a kindergartner either! And I am glad that Brooke is so strong & brings you such joy. I'll be thinking of you as you start over again with surgery #2. Hugs my friend.
she is seriously the CUTESY baby!!
hello! I forgot to mention your other kiddos in this posted, when did they get so big?? You have such a good looking family. :)
Post a Comment